Cambodia raids buildings linked to Chen Zhi, Chinese billionaire accused of scam empire
82 Chinese nationals among 104 people detained in Phnom Penh raids as governments around the world crack down on Chen’s scam business

Governments around the world have intensified their crackdown on Chen’s alleged multibillion-dollar online scam empire since his arrest earlier this year.
The Cambodian raid, a joint operation by Phnom Penh police, the country’s Commission for Combating Technology-Based Scams (CCTC), the local government and representatives from the prosecutor’s office, took place on Saturday, the Phnom Penh Post said.
The detained individuals were of six nationalities and were accused of running online scam operations or living in the country illegally, it said.
The police also confiscated 800 mobile phones, more than 100 computers and other materials, the report added.
“Based on preliminary forensics, the suspects utilised the locations to carry out technology-based fraud by luring people both inside and outside the country into fake investment schemes,” the CCTC was quoted as saying.
