A man in China had to be rescued by firefighters after he got his head stuck in a washing machine, a news website reported. The man got trapped after he put his head in the machine to check it while it was still switched on, Inews.qq.com reported. Another child in China gets his head stuck in the hole of a massage bed The accident happened on Sunday in Fuqing in Fujian province, according to the article. It took a fire crew 40 minutes to free him, the report said. His flatmates called the police after they failed to pull him out of the machine. The firemen had to cut the washing machine apart to release the man, who was not named. He was covered during parts of the rescue to stop him getting burned from sparks as the machine was cut open, the report said. Chinese burglar arrested after he got head stuck between window bars escaping from house He suffered only minor head injuries in the accident. A two-year old boy from Sichuan province was rescued earlier this month after he got stuck while climbing into a washing machine.