Firefighters rescued a five-year-old who was dangling from a third-storey window with his head wedged between bars of the window grill, mainland media reports. The parents of the boy were quoted as saying they left the flat for a while to deal with some issues and left the toddler at home alone in Rizhao, Shandong province. He climbed to the window and lost his his footing, the Qilu Evening News reported. Another child in China gets his head stuck in the hole of a massage bed The parents called firefighters when returned home and discovered the toddler, who was screaming “Help me, I’m choking!”, the report said. Ten firefighters arrived at the scene and cut the window grill to rescue the boy. Reports of toddlers and teenagers becoming stuck in windows, toilets, and other household areas have appeared repeatedly in Chinese media outlets in recent years, with some of them being “left behind children” whose parents are away working in major cities. Chinese ‘left-behind’ boy dies in roof fall after grandparents tell him to climb down rope to locked flat Left-behind children often face long separations from their parents, as well as a lack of parental care, which has led to many problems in the country including juvenile delinquency.