‘Rich’ Chinese helicopter duo told to open their wallets
Shenzhen men asked for US$1,650 after forcing doors open to pose as wealthy in videos posted online
Two men have been asked to pay for damage caused to private helicopters in southern China after breaking into them to pose as wealthy on social media, according to mainland media reports.
The men posted pictures and videos of themselves with the helicopters in Shenzhen on the live-streaming app Kuaishou, Thepaper.cn reported.
One video showed a casually dressed man standing on a helipad in front of an open helicopter door, and another showed a more smartly dressed man standing on one of the vehicles in front of a McDonald’s restaurant.
“Hello everybody, I’m Zhui Mengge,” said one of the two in a video. “If your monthly salary is less than 100,000, please double-tap the screen to give us a like and prove you are working hard right now.”
But a representative of the helicopter company posted on Chinese microblogging site Weibo asking the men to pay US$1,650 to repair the locks, which they had forced open.
Kuaishou, which has more than 400 million users, was singled out last week by China’s top media watchdog, the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, for disregarding regulations and “disrupting order” in the online media and entertainment industry.
It was ordered to remove content deemed “harmful”, and new users were banned from registering until all existing users had been checked. On Monday the company said it was increasing its number of content reviewers, with Communist Party members preferred.