Woman cut off lover's penis and beat him to death with hammer after he forced her to have sex

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, 3:29am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 11 March, 2014, 8:46am

A woman drugged her lover, cut off his penis and bludgeoned him to death with a hammer after he forcibly had sex with her, the High Court heard yesterday.

Yeung Ki, 41, fed Zhou Hui, 32, soup laced with sleeping pills before raining "almost uncountable" blows to his face and the back of his head, prosecutor Nicholas Adams said. "She also cut off his penis and flushed it down the toilet."

Yeung, a mainlander living in Hong Kong on a one-way permit, has admitted she killed Zhou - a two-way permit visitor - on Boxing Day 2012, but denied murder, saying she was provoked and suffered from depression.

Yeung told police in an interview shown in court yesterday that Zhou had beaten her and her four-year-old daughter because she refused to give him HK$200,000 to buy a car. He then stripped her and had forcible sex with her on the bed.

After the killing in a tiny public housing flat in Chai Wan, Yeung wrapped the body in a bed sheet and covered it with a mattress, the court heard.

The day after the killing, Yeung took her daughter to a Social Welfare Department centre where she wept and confessed she killed Zhou. "I cut it," Yeung told a social worker. "I think it was cruel. I did not mean it."

In the interview played in court, the twice-married Yeung said she met Zhou, a piano teacher, in Shenzhen in 2006 after she divorced her ex-husband, a Hong Kong resident, the year before.

They developed a relationship during which she lent him a total of HK$158,000 that he never paid back. After the last loan of HK$130,000 in 2007, she lost contact with him. Already pregnant, she traced him on the mainland and discovered he was married.

Zhou asked her to abort the child, but she refused. They ceased contact until 2012, when Zhou called her saying he missed her and visited her several times.

On December 24, 2012, the court heard, Zhou came to Hong Kong to visit Yeung.

On the day of the killing, Yeung said, Zhou told her he had nude pictures of her which he would post on the internet unless she gave him HK$200,000. He beat her, pushed her to the floor, and slapped their daughter.

During the fight, the girl was sent out to the balcony, after which Zhou had sex with Yeung.

Without explaining when she gave him the soup, Yeung said that after he fell asleep she cut off his penis with a pair of scissors.

Wakened by the pain, Zhou started beating her and as they fought, she saw a hammer and grabbed it to bash him in the face.

He fell to his knees and she sat on his buttocks, delivering a flurry of blows, the court heard.

He turned over and struggled but eventually released his grip.

The trial continues before Mr Justice Peter Line.