Captured on CCTV: Hong Kong police release photos of man accused of indecent exposure in front of girls aged 11 and 12
Hong Kong police today issued photographs of a Chinese man captured on surveillance cameras who is wanted for indecently exposing himself to two girls, aged 11 and 12, in two separate cases in Kwun Tong last month.
Police made a public appeal for information to help find the Cantonese-speaking man, who is thought to be aged between 30 and 40.
The blurred photographs were released as investigations indicated the two attacks were carried out by the same man, police said.
“After carrying out an in-depth probe and poring over CCTV footage, the Kwun Tong district crime squad believes the two cases involved the same man,” a police spokesman said.
The man is about 1.75 metres tall and of medium build, according to police. He was wearing a cap, a grey shirt and blue jeans at the time of the attacks.
The first incident happened at about 10.30am on August 11 when an 11-year-old girl was walking alone on Hiu Yuk Path, Kwun Tong, heading toward Hiu Ming Street.
The second victim is a 12-year-old girl, who was alone on a staircase next to Tsui To House on the Tsui Ping (North) Estate when she was stopped by the man at about 2.45pm on August 28. The staircase is linked to Hiu Ming Street.
According to police, the man allegedly indecently exposed himself in front of the victims and then fled.
In the wake of the two cases, police have stepped up patrols and urged the public to stay alert.
The Kwun Tong district crime squad is investigating. So far, no arrest has been made.
Police figures show there were 504 reports of indecent assault in the city in the first six months of this year, a 9.8 per cent drop from 559 in the same period of last year.
Anyone with information about the case should contact officers on 2709 8274.