The former employee of a Yau Ma Tei mahjong parlour that on Monday was robbed of three safes containing HK$1.2 million was arrested last night in connection with the heist, but no money was recovered, police said. The 36-year-old man was picked up when officers raided his home in Sham Shui Po last night. “The suspect is still being held for questioning and has not been charged,” a police spokeswoman said around noon today. Officers are still searching for at least two other men in connection with the hold-up. Detectives from Yau Tsim police district are investigating. The gang of three was wearing face masks and hats to hide their identities when they broke into the Woosung Street mahjong parlour through its rear door at about 3.30am on Monday. READ MORE: Three robbers tie up guard and make off with three safes containing HK$1.2 million at Hong Kong mahjong parlour The Cantonese-speaking raiders tied up a security guard before using a trolley loaded with the three safes to move out of the premises, according to police. A passer-by called police at about 4.15am when he saw the three men loading the safes into the boot of a taxi and jumping into the cab to escape. They had left by the time officers arrived. The arrest was made after officers pored over security camera footage to identify the three robbers who are thought to be between 30 and 40 years old. Police figures show the number of robberies dropped by 33 per cent in the first six months of this year – from 176 instances to 118 – compared to the same period last year.