An underworld fixer who arranged the illicit cross-border movement of the gang who staged the HK$28 million kidnap of a wealthy Hong Kong heiress has been jailed for more than two years after a secretive trial in Shenzhen. More than a year after Queenie Rosita Law was snatched from her Sai Kung mansion and held in a hillside cave, it has emerged that a people smuggling specialist from Shenzhen has become the first member of the gang to be formally convicted in connection with the abduction. After being snatched on April 25 last year, the 29-year-old granddaughter of late Bossini founder Law Ting-pong, endured a terrifying four-day ordeal during which she has since said she “feared for her life”. ‘I feared they would kill me’: Bossini heiress Queenie Law describes kidnapping panic to mainland China court The highest-profile kidnap-for-ransom in Hong Kong has also resulted in criminal proceedings in both the mainland and Hong Kong. A source with a knowledge of the case told the South China Morning Post that the fixer – or snakehead – surnamed Jiang, was found guilty in March of arranging the illegal passage of the kidnappers between Hong Kong. Jiang was sentenced to two years and three months jail “about two weeks ago”, the source added. Eight other defendants being dealt with in Shenzhen – seven mainlanders and one Hong Kong resident - who pleaded guilty at a separate hearing in Shenzhen Intermediate Court in March are likely to be sentenced in one or two months, said the source. It is understood that some could face a maximum life term. Six of the seven mainland men facing jail, including the ringleader You Dunkui, have been charged with kidnapping while the seventh – Liang Qishun - and the Hongkonger, Dai Xunhui, face a charge relating to the handling of jewellery stolen from a safe in Law’s home. The nine were caught in Guangdong and Guizhou provinces shortly after Hong Kong police arrested alleged gang member Zheng Xingwang – the only suspect to face trial in Hong Kong. Zheng is expected to appear in court on Friday to face a charge of conspiracy to forcibly take or detain Law . He has not yet entered a plea. Hong Kong man among nine standing trial in Shenzhen over kidnapping of Bossini heiress Queenie Rosita Law In a statement made to the mainland authorities Law revealed that she was asleep with her boyfriend when the gang burst into her home and tied her boyfriend up. After forcing her to open a safe containing jewellery she was blindfolded and wearing only pyjamas taken to a remote hillside cave. An initial demand for between HK$48 and HK$58 million to secure Law’s release was whittled down to HK$28 million. Almost all of the ransom – which had been stashed or buried by the gang – was recovered in the months after the kidnap after painstaking searches by police on either side of the border. Recalling the fear and isolation, Law told mainland investigators in a statement that at one stage she feared for her life. At one stage following a phone call with her father arranged by the kidnappers, “one of them turned very angry … I feared they would kill me”, Law said. She was freed after four days when the ransom was paid.