Dangerous, inflammable goods were found stored in the industrial building where two firefighters were killed by an inferno last week as police and investigators entered previously inaccessible floors for the first time in five days on Sunday morning. The blaze was mostly put out on Saturday night, 108 hours after it broke out at a mini-storage facility in the Amoycan Industrial Centre in Ngau Tau Kok. Deputy chief fire officer Tam Lung-cheung said police officers and investigators from several government departments had entered the building to collect evidence after it gutted the third and fourth floors. Independent experts would be invited to join a cross-departmental task force looking into the cause of the inferno and the deaths of the two firefighters, as well as the use of industrial buildings for storage and the Fire Services Department’s operational procedures. But Tam ruled out allowing firefighters’ union leaders to join. The fire started at the facility run by SC Storage on the third floor of the building – the company operated storage units on the first to seventh floors. Earlier on Sunday, the owner of SC Storage, Kevin Shee, broke his silence for the first time to express “devastation” over what had happened. Stored in some of the hundreds of cubicles rented out to customers, they found dangerous goods such as compressed gases and substances that produced inflammable vapours. The blaze was the longest on record involving an industrial building in the city as firefighters battling heavy smoke and flames earlier had their hands full breaking open each cubicle to check its unknown contents. Suspected category 2 and 5 dangerous goods were found on the first, fourth, fifth and sixth floors of the building. Such goods could only be used and stored in larger quantities in premises approved and licensed by the director of fire services. The Buildings Department said it would arrange for the urgent removal of rendering work on the damaged outer walls of the block, and conduct an in-depth damage assessment for the sake of public safety. Shee said in a Facebook post that he would offer HK$500,000 to each of the two firemen’s families as urgent financial aid. Building owner Hang Lung Properties offered HK$1 million to each family for emergency expenses and set up a HK$1 million education fund for each of their children. Shee admitted failings on his company’s part, and stressed that he had improved the management of the facility, especially in terms of fire protection. “I have learnt a valuable lesson,” Shee wrote. “Thank you everyone for your support and criticism.” Shee said in a newspaper interview last year that the city’s stock market regulator had rejected SC Storage’s listing plan due to concerns about fire safety and illegal structures in the building he was renting. The Education Bureau said four schools in the area, which suspended classes on Friday due to the blaze, would reopen on Monday. Ceremonies will also be held for the public to pay their respects to firefighters Thomas Cheung Yiu-sing on Monday and Samuel Hui Chi-kit on Tuesday.