A man, who was earlier jailed for 12 years over his involvement in the kidnapping of the Bossini heiress, is looking to appeal against the sentence. Zheng Xingwang told the court on Wednesday that he neither applied for legal aid nor sought legal representation in his application for permission to appeal. “I don’t know the procedures,” the mainlander said. Court of Appeal judge Mr Justice Andrew Cheung Kui-nang asked whether he still wanted to proceed with his application. “Yes,” Zheng answered. Bossini heiress relives kidnap ordeal in forest for Hong Kong art exhibition inspiration The judge told Zheng, who was a member of the gang which abducted Queenie Rosita Law in April last year, to make a submission relating to his case within 28 days before the formal hearing of his appeal application. The court will fix a date for the hearing later. But the judge warned that if the appeal was unsuccessful, Zheng might be required to serve even more time, instead of getting a reduction in the prison term. Zheng is the only member of the kidnap gang facing justice in Hong Kong. He pleaded guilty in June to kidnapping the young woman for a HK$28 million ransom. Law was snatched from her Sai Kung mansion last year and taken blindfolded to a remote hillside cave where she was held for four days surrounded by men. Prosecutors earlier showed that Zheng received HK$3,000 for delivering food and buying mobile phones for the rest of the gang. Law, the granddaughter of Bossini founder Law Ting-pong, was released after the ransom money was paid. Police then launched a massive manhunt across the city. Zheng was arrested in May last year as he tried to leave Hong Kong for Shenzhen at the Lo Wu immigration checkpoint. Despite his claims of having no knowledge of the kidnapping, his fingerprints were found on the ransom money. Nine other members of the gang were tried in Shenzhen.