Police say a lantern caught fire in the unit, and the couple were injured while battling the blaze. Photo: Handout

Hong Kong man, 79, in critical condition after Mid-Autumn Festival lantern sparks blaze in flat

Victim suffers hand injuries and smoke inhalation while his wife, 80, sustains burns to right arm and leg

Topic |   Accidents and personal safety in Hong Kong

TOP PICKS

Police say a lantern caught fire in the unit, and the couple were injured while battling the blaze. Photo: Handout
READ FULL ARTICLE