Police were alerted to the fire at Oriole House at Sha Kok Estate in Sha Tin around 11.30pm on Friday. Photo: Handout

Short-circuit from electric scooter suspected to be cause of fire at Hong Kong public housing flat

  • Fire at Oriole House at Sha Kok Estate in Sha Tin killed a seven-year-old boy and injured his father and their neighbour on Friday
  • Police have not found anything suspicious, but say the cause of the boy’s death can only be confirmed after autopsy
Topic |   Accidents and personal safety in Hong Kong
Police were alerted to the fire at Oriole House at Sha Kok Estate in Sha Tin around 11.30pm on Friday. Photo: Handout
READ FULL ARTICLE