Guzman relative says drug lord El Chapo’s son released in Mexico

The son of jailed Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman has been released following his abduction earlier this week, a member of the Sinaloa cartel leader’s family said on Saturday.
Jesus Alfredo Guzman Salazar, 29, reportedly was freed late on Friday along with the five other men with whom he was kidnapped from a bar, a relative who requested anonymity for security reasons said.
“They were negotiating all this time, but now are free and well,” the source said, adding that some of the captured men were already back in Sinaloa state.
Guzman Salazar – one of Guzman’s sons from his first marriage – was attending a celebration early on Monday at an upscale restaurant and bar in the resort city of Puerto Vallarta when gunmen in pick-up trucks swooped in and kidnapped him and five of his six companions.
Several women who were also at the fete were allowed to leave unharmed.
The younger Guzman – himself a key operator in the Sinaloa cartel who is wanted for arrest under a 2009 warrant – was identified by the Jalisco state prosecutor’s office based on security camera footage.