Colombia offers $800,000 reward for information linked to attack on President Ivan Duque’s helicopter
- Duque’s helicopter was approaching the Cucuta airport on Friday when several shots – apparently from rifles – were fired at it
- No one on board was injured, but photos released by the president’s office showed the tail and main blade had been hit

The Colombian government said on Saturday it is offering a reward of nearly US$800,000 for information leading to the capture of those behind an attack on a helicopter Friday carrying President Ivan Duque near the Venezuela border.
“A reward of up to 3 billion pesos is being offered” for information leading to “those responsible for this terrorist attack,” Defence Minister Diego Molano said in a video posted to social media from the northern city of Cucuta.
The president’s helicopter was approaching the Cucuta airport on a flight from Sardinata when several shots – apparently from rifles – were fired at it.
Duque was flying with Molano, Interior Minister Daniel Palacios and other officials at the time.
No one on board was injured, but photos released by the president’s office showed the tail and main blade had been hit.
