A former US Army intelligence expert who investigated the fallout from the handover of classified files to WikiLeaks by Bradley Manning said no one named in the Afghan war logs had been killed. The testimony on Wednesday, by retired brigadier general Robert Carr, put a dent in the government's case at the start of the sentencing hearing for Manning, the American soldier convicted of espionage for giving hundreds of thousands of documents to the anti-secrecy website headed by Julian Assange. On Tuesday, Manning, 25, was acquitted of the most serious charge of "aiding the enemy"- a setback for military prosecutors. But the army private - responsible for the biggest intelligence leak in US history - was found guilty of espionage, computer fraud and other charges, meaning he could still be jailed for up to 136 years. Pledging to illustrate the impact of Manning's "criminal conduct" on US forces, lead prosecutor Major Ashden Fein called Carr to the stand. Carr, who led the Defence Intelligence Agency's Information Review Task Force put in place after the Manning leaks, told the court martial at Fort Meade outside Washington that the disclosures were damaging. When asked if he believed the information provided to WikiLeaks could be used by US adversaries, Carr replied: "Absolutely. I was very concerned." But when pressed by the defence, Carr admitted no one listed in the Afghanistan war logs reviewed by his task force had been killed.