Indian court clears two men over British schoolgirl Scarlett Keeling’s rape and death

A court in India cleared two men Friday accused of the rape and homicide of 15-year-old British schoolgirl Scarlett Keeling whose bruised and semi-nude body was found on a Goa beach eight years ago.
Friends and relatives of the two accused, Samson D’Souza and Placido Carvalho, cheered as the verdict was read out in the state capital Panaji.
But Scarlett’s mother Fiona MacKeown said she was devastated by the outcome and promised to fight to overturn the verdict.
“I am reeling. It’s been eight years of agony. I feel devastated and will definitely be challenging the verdict,” she told reporters outside the court.
“We had been waiting all this time and it’s just rubbish. India’s whole judicial system has totally let me down,” she added.
I am reeling. India’s whole judicial system has totally let me down
“Somebody murdered my daughter in this country and somebody must be held accountable.”