British TV presenter and former ‘Love Island’ host Caroline Flack found dead in London flat
- The 40-year-old TV star stepped down last year after being charged with assaulting her boyfriend, Lewis Burton
- Burton said on Sunday he was heartbroken as criticism grew over her treatment by some British media

Flack, 40, was found dead on Saturday at her home in east London after taking her own life, according to a family lawyer. Flack hosted Love Island from its launch in 2015 before stepping down last year after being charged with assaulting her 27-year-old boyfriend, Lewis Burton.
Flack denied the charge and was to stand trial next month. She was also not allowed to have any contact with Burton. He objected to that bail restriction and did not want Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service to go ahead with the trial.
Over the past few months, Flack had been the focus of several negative articles and was trolled across social media for the assault charge. On Sunday, the story of her suicide dominated the front pages of British newspapers.
Beside a picture of them together, Burton said on Instagram that he was in “so much pain”.
He added: “I promise I will ask all the questions you wanted and I will get all the answers nothing will bring you back but I will try make you proud everyday.”
British commercial network ITV, which broadcasts the show, said in a statement that “everybody at Love Island and ITV is shocked and saddened by this desperately sad news”.
“Caroline was a much loved member of the Love Island team, and our sincere thoughts and condolences are with her family and friends,” the network statement said.