The Kremlin on Tuesday said two US citizens captured in Ukraine were subject to court decisions and did not rule out that they could face the death penalty. “We can’t rule anything out, because these are court decisions. We don’t comment on them and have no right to interfere,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told reporters. He said the Kremlin did not know where Andy Huynh and Alexander Drueke were now, after their families said they had not returned from a mission around the Kharkiv region. But the Interfax news agency reported on Tuesday citing an unidentified source that the men are currently in the Russian-backed separatist region of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine. Russia says US fighters captured in Ukraine committed ‘crimes’ Britons Shaun Pinner and Aiden Aslin and Moroccan citizen Brahim Saadoun were sentenced to death by a Donetsk separatist court earlier this month, after being captured fighting with the Ukrainian army. Reuters could not immediately verify the Interfax report on the location of the Americans. A spokeswoman in Donetsk declined immediate comment. On Monday, the Kremlin said that the two Americans were mercenaries not covered by the Geneva Conventions and should face consequences for their actions. Though Russia does not carry out the death penalty, its proxies in the self-styled Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics do. Huynh and Drueke arrived in Ukraine in April, according to family members who spoke to Reuters. The two men told relatives on June 8 that they were going on a mission and would be out of contact. Family members said they later found out that the pair had been in Kharkiv region, which borders Donetsk to the north. Lois Drueke, mother of Alexander Drueke, said: “Alex did not go in a military capacity. He went as a civilian with military training.”