Advertisement
Donald Trump
WorldUnited States & Canada

PoliticoDonald Trump’s blog goes dark just a month after launching

  • The page now redirects to a sign-up form for ‘exclusive’ updates from the former US president
  • Trump has been struggling to reach supporters after Twitter, Facebook and other social media companies banned him from their platforms

2-MIN READ2-MIN
8
Former US president Donald Trump speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida, in February. Photo: Reuters
POLITICO

This story is published in a content partnership with POLITICO. It was originally reported by Ben Leonard on politico.com on June 2, 2021.

After less than a month, former US president Donald Trump’s blog is apparently no more.

When visiting the link Wednesday morning that used to harbour his blog, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump”, the page redirects to a sign-up form for “EXCLUSIVE updates” from Trump. Trump's website still has a “news” tab with statements, but no more blog.

Advertisement

“It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on,” Trump senior adviser Jason Miller told POLITICO. Miller said in a tweet on Wednesday to “stay tuned”, suggesting the move may be a precursor to Trump joining another social media platform.

02:25
Former Trump Plaza casino demolished after falling into disrepair

The Washington Post had reported less than two weeks ago that Trump’s blog and website, complete with a fundraising portal and an online store, was getting fewer visitors than recipe site Delish over one week. His blog posts had been shared in one week less than 2,000 times per day on average, well below his previous reach, the Post reported.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x