Advertisement
Donald Trump
WorldUnited States & Canada

Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felonies, ex-prosecutor says in resignation letter

  • Mark Pomerantz was a prosecutor who had been leading a criminal investigation into Donald Trump before quitting last month
  • Resignation letter said he disagreed with the Manhattan District Attorney’s decision not to seek an indictment of Trump

3-MIN READ3-MIN
Donald Trump. File photo: AP
Bloomberg

One of the prosecutors who led the Manhattan District Attorney’s investigation of Donald Trump last year and quit last month claimed that the office had more than enough evidence to win a conviction of the former US president.

“I believe that Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felony violations of the penal law in connection with the preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition,” Mark Pomerantz wrote in his resignation letter.

Pomerantz resigned on February 23 along with Carey Dunne, the other lead prosecutor on the case.
Advertisement

“His financial statements were false, and he has a long history of fabricating information relating to his personal finances and lying about his assets to banks, the national media, counterparties, and many others, including the American people.”

Reached at his home Wednesday, Pomerantz confirmed that he had written the letter but declined to comment further. The New York Times first published the letter.

Advertisement

Pomerantz joined the Trump investigation more than a year ago, when he left his position at the Paul Weiss law firm to serve as a special assistant district attorney under Cyrus Vance, who was serving the last year of his term and opted not to run again. Over the course of the year Pomerantz and Dunne, who served as Vance’s general counsel, became the face of the investigation.

Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x