Las Vegas university shooting leaves 4 dead, including suspect
- Suspect ‘neutralised’ after attack on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas campus
- Police haven’t released the identity of the suspect or the motive for the attack

A lone shooter opened fire on the main campus of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, on Wednesday, killing three people and wounding a fourth before the suspect was shot dead by police, authorities said at a news briefing hours afterward.
Police declined to publicly identify the assailant, going so far as to avoid any mention of the suspect’s gender, nor did they give any information about the four victims struck by gunfire – three fatally – or their connection to the university.
However CNN and the Los Angeles Times, quoting law enforcement sources, said suspect was a 67-year-old career college professor with links to schools in Georgia and North Carolina. But it was not clear what affiliation he had with the Nevada university where the shooting took place.
The surviving gunshot victim was listed in stable condition, according to Sheriff Kevin McMahill of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

He said several other people suffered panic attacks during the pandemonium, and a number of officers were treated for minor injuries sustained during a search of the sprawling campus for any additional victims or suspects. None were found.