Looking to buy a completed UK property?
If you would like to buy a flat or house that’s completed in UK, either for your own use or as an investment, now is the time to buy - take advantage of opportunities which exist in the London market.
With Sterling at a 31-year low, there will be a huge uplift on this side alone. Benefit from low interest rates, and the supply/demand imbalance, which pushes up prices and rentals. You can also start earning income immediately by buying secondary stock.
So, what should you look for when buying a completed property?
- - Length of lease – check the lease is a reasonable length. Over 100 years is acceptable.
- - Age of building – remember that whilst a completed property will not be in the same condition as a new one, you will have the added bonus of being able to add equity by improving the condition
- - Organise your finances – having an AIP will put you in a stronger position than other buyers as you are ready to go.
- - Service charge - this is often lower with a slightly older property, potentially increasing the yield.
- - Resale potential? - Aspect and view are very important in areas like Canary Wharf, for future growth. This is easier to judge as the property is completed and can be viewed.
- - Lastly – move quickly once you’ve put an offer in.
For more information on investing in overseas homes, please contact us at