Jean Therapy - Model-turned-stylist Giovanna Battaglia shares her denim dos and don’ts
For Italian stylist, fashion editor and creative director Giovanna Battaglia, all the world’s a runway. The former model and current street-style favourite is known for her sophisticated yet playful fashion sense, which brings a vibrant, modern energy to classic Italian glamour.
Now Battaglia – the kind of woman who can look impossibly chic in everything from jean short-shorts to double denim – turns her keen eye to this season’s most important trend: denim. In addition to styling Michael Kors’ spring campaign, she shares her top styling rules for everyone’s favourite casual fabric.
- Look to Jane Birkin as your denim icon – classy, sexy and chic.
- Find the perfect fit for your body type, and make sure it’s the right length for the shape of the denim.
- Style blue denim with a white silk or cotton shirt – even better, add a blazer on top.
- Accessorise to dress up your denim – when in doubt, go with gold.
- Go bold with denim on denim for a casual, chic uniform look.
- Pair boyfriend jeans with high heels – and keep the rest casual with a simple sweater or sweatshirt.
- Wear super-low-riding denim – nobody wants to see your underwear!
- Overstyle, unless you want to look like you've time travelled to the early 2000s.
- Pair super-high stiletto heels with skinny jeans.
- Wear denim to official or corporate events. There is a time and a place for denim; these events aren’t it.
- Wear shorts that are too short – unless you're on the beach.
Explore the MICHAEL Michael Kors Spring 2016 collection in-store now.
Shop 3-5 & 18-19, G/F & Shop F-2, 1/F, Main Block, 11-19 Great George Street, Fashion Walk, Causeway Bay
+852 2503 5311
Shop 1-08, 1/F, SOGO Hong Kong, Causeway Bay
+852 2831 8485
Shop 397, 3/F, New Town Plaza Phase 1, Shatin
+852 2411 1251
Tsim Sha Tsui
Shop G-22, G/F, SOGO Tsim Sha Tsui Department Store
+852 3911 1716
Shop 1019A, Sands Cotai Mall, Cotai Strip, Macau
+853 2885 3031
Shop 1131, Level 1, The Boulevard at Studio City, Macau
+853 2885 2269