Floyd Mayweather Jnr had boxing fans flummoxed with his latest social media posting that he’s putting together a rematch with Manny Pacquiao in an exhibition bout in Tokyo. In a video posted on his Instagram account on Saturday, the 42-year-old unbeaten American great rattles on about the possibility of fighting his Filipino rival for the second time since their clash in 2015, when “Money” won by unanimous decision. “Money May, Money May, Money May ... Money May all day,” says Mayweather in the short video. “Betrnk.com, that’s my team in Tokyo, Japan, TMT Tokyo, and of course I’m Floyd Mayweather. “What I’m working on right now is the Mayweather-Pacquiao exhibition right here in Tokyo. Stay tuned.” View this post on Instagram Mayweather vs. Pacquiao exhibition Tokyo Japan coming soon Betrnk.com #TMT Japan A post shared by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on Sep 14, 2019 at 2:09am PDT This is not the first time the American fighter, ranked No 1 on the all-time greatest list by Boxrec, has suggested he would fight Pacquiao again. A few months ago, he told fans in another video they would clash in Saudi Arabia only for Mayweather to reveal the statement was not true and that it was “merely propaganda”. He had the audacity to say he was paid US$2 million to record it. Fans were not impressed. The video, however, did trigger a heated social-media exchange between him and Pacquiao, suggesting there could be a rematch on the cards – or at least they were working on it. View this post on Instagram Nothing beats the love of family. A post shared by Manny Pacquiao (@mannypacquiao) on Sep 14, 2019 at 3:28am PDT So shall we take Mayweather’s latest statement seriously? Not at all. I’ll take anything Money says with a pinch of salt. First of all, we know Money runs his mouth faster than his fists sometimes, and we shouldn’t always believe everything he says. Just last week, the media were told by the Mission Hills Group that Mayweather would attend a press conference in Haikou, Hainan, on September 18 to announce Mayweather’s “First fight in China” in an exhibition in 2020. Forget Manny Pacquiao rematch – Floyd Mayweather ‘to fight Chinese boxer in 2020’ “But everything needs to be confirmed with Floyd as well. The details are not 100 per cent confirmed yet. We are in the process of negotiating details with Mayweather’s management,” said a spokesman for Mission Hills Group. Who would Mayweather fight in China? And would fans pay to watch him toy with a no-name mainlander? The mind boggles. Taking words from “Money” himself, could this be all be propaganda, too? Pacquiao is not going to take the bait with the retired Mayweather’s latest tease, not when the Filipino is fighting very close to top form. After stringing together three impressive victories inside 12 months with his latest win against Keith “One Time” Thurman shocking the world again in July, the 40-year-old Filipino has bigger fish to fry. The Philippines icon could line himself up against some of the best welterweights in the world – Errol Spence Jnr, Shawn Porter or even Mikey Garcia. Pacquiao has already suggested he has given up – for the time being – having a rematch with Mayweather after their 2015 Las Vegas megafight – the richest fight in combat sport creating more than US$400 million in pay-per-view and gate receipts – turned out to be a damp squib. Floyd Mayweather Snr says he would beat Conor McGregor as reports swirl of Money Fight ‘rematch’ in Japan Mayweather won that fight to keep both his WBA and WBA world welterweight title belts while taking the Filipino’s WBO crown. However, the fighting senator from Sarangani province was struggling with a shoulder injury in that so-called megafight, and it was bad enough that it required surgery. Fans think Pacquiao deserves a second crack at Mayweather. Whether the rematch will happen in the near future is anybody’s guess. Mayweather has not had a “real” fight since he defeated UFC megastar Conor McGregor in August 2017. Since then, he made short work of 20-year-old Japanese kick-boxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Saitama, just outside Tokyo, last New Year’s Eve in a farcical exhibition. Mayweather reportedly earned US$9 million for 139 seconds work in his first-round demolition job. Would Pacquiao accept a meaningless exhibition bout against Mayweather in Tokyo? Would fans want to watch a second-rate contest that wouldn’t even count in the professional books, thereby protecting Mayweather’s 50-0 record? Probably not. Manny Pacquiao’s next possible opponent Mikey Garcia waiting for a ‘real offer’ “Pacman” would earn far more having a “real” fight in Las Vegas where projected pay-per-view earnings could easily topple two million units. So far Pacquiao hasn’t come out to comment on Mayweather’s latest rant. I can see why. Mayweather’s latest statement could be another cash grab by one of the best in the business. Pacquiao vs Mayweather in Tokyo? I’ll believe it when I see it.