Two of the 16 Chinese Super League teams have missed the deadline to submit their wage and bonus plans for the new season, according to reports in domestic media. Tianjin Jinmen Tigers (formerly Tianjin Teda) and Chongqing Dangdai have both asked for extensions to submit their confirmation forms for the 2021 campaign. The deadline, which passed at 5pm on Friday, saw the other 14 teams submit their forms, which have to be signed by the players, to the Chinese Football Association. Earlier reports said that investors at several Chinese football clubs had developed cold feet and that more teams risked missing Friday’s deadline. Today is the deadline for every club to submit the salary receipt confirmation form, signed by players to confirm all salaries in 2020 get paid. Teams without the confirmation would be disqualified. 2 of the 16 CSL clubs fail to submit: Tianjin Jinmen Tigers& Chongqing Dangdai. pic.twitter.com/p6hGQnAvmt — Titan Sports Plus (@titan_plus) January 29, 2021 The financial impact of the Covid-19 pandemic is a factor, which included having to pay for players and staff to stay in the bubble hotel last season. Additional factors include the new name change rule that means clubs can no longer carry the names of their sponsors or investors in their official names. Guangzhou Roast Geese? New names needed for Chinese clubs Elsewhere, Beijing Guoan have made another attempt to keep their name by offering up one investor’s stake in the club. State-owned Citic Group – who own the Guoan brand – will sell its 36 per cent stake in the club, with reserve price of 1 yuan (US$0.16), according to documents filed with the Beijing Equity Exchange. Sinobo Group, the owners of the other 64 per cent of the club, are expected to buy Citic’s stake.