Wimbledon: Hong Kong-born Tara Moore hopes to make most of wild card for women’s doubles main draw
- The 28-year-old will partner fellow British player Edin Silva after pair reached quarter-finals at Nottingham Open tournament
- Moore says her season has been disrupted by travel restrictions caused by pandemic and is grateful to be given the opportunity by All England Club

Hong Kong-born Tara Moore is hoping a strong performance in the Wimbledon women’s doubles competition will provide a much-needed morale-booster after a difficult 2021 in which her playing opportunities have been restricted by the coronavirus pandemic.
The 28-year-old Great Britain representative has been offered a wild card for the doubles main draw by the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) for the year’s third grand slam, starting on June 28 in London. She will partner fellow Briton Edin Silva, with whom she reached the quarter-finals of the Nottingham Open last week.
“I’m very excited, obviously thankful to the AELTC for the opportunity, and for everyone around me supporting me,” US-based Moore, whose mother is from Hong Kong, told the Post. “It’s been a tough year with Covid and I’m determined to give my all every time I step on court.
“I have been hampered by travel [restrictions] and the tournaments are a lot less.”
Only three of the 11 doubles events Moore has taken part in this year have been part of the WTA Tour, the others being lower-tier ITF tournaments.