Reigning UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones will face the undefeated Dominick Reyes next year for his next title defence. The bout will headline the UFC 247 Houston card on February 8, the promotion’s boss Dana White told ESPN. Jones (25-1) has not fought since his successful split decision win over Thiago Santos in July. The 32-year-old had confirmed on social media that he was more interested in defending his belt against Reyes despite a heated back-and-forth with fellow division contender Corey Anderson. OSP KOs Anderson but gets dominated by Dominic. Is it safe to say I chose the toughest possible matchup at 205? https://t.co/vySuTx5ewN — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) November 21, 2019 Last month, Reyes (12-0) secured a first-round knockout over former middleweight champion and light-heavyweight debutant Chris Weidman. He has beaten the likes of Jared Cannonier, Ovince Saint Preux and Volkan Oezdemir since signing for the UFC in 2017. The 29-year-old said it would be an “honour” to fight Jones, currently number one in the pound-for-pound fighter list. “Bones” regained his belt from Daniel Cormier in 2017, a fight now deemed a no contest after Jones failed a drug test after the fight. Jones has since beaten Alexander Gustafsson, Anthony Smith and Santos. “I have a tremendous amount of respect for Jon ... Especially in the cage as a fighter and as a champion. As a person? Not as much,” Reyes told MMA Junkie. The Houston card is also co-headlined by the women’s flyweight title fight between champion Valentina Shevchenko (18-3) and Katlyn Chookagian (13-2).