Undefeated boxing star Floyd Mayweather Jnr says he “didn’t really train” ahead of his record-breaking crossover fight against Conor McGregor in 2017. The 42-year-old retired boxer, who announced a 2020 comeback with UFC president Dana White last year, defeated McGregor in the 10th round via TKO in what was the Irish MMA star’s first pro boxing bout. “For the Conor McGregor [fight], I didn’t really train,” Mayweather (professional boxing record 50-0) said on the Drinks Champs podcast. “All I did was do push-ups and sit-ups. That’s all I did. Push-ups and sit-ups, box a few times, hit the bag a few times, because actually, training camp was in different places. “I would do training camp in Vegas a few days, sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week,” he said. American Mayweather, who last boxed in an exhibition bout against Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nazukawa in 2018, said he took the historic McGregor match-up seriously despite the lack of training. View this post on Instagram A post shared by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on Jan 18, 2020 at 10:19pm PST “I took it serious. Like I said before, I wanted to have some fun in the fight and I wanted to entertain the people,” said Mayweather, who McGregor said was “far from retired” following his own combat sports comeback in January. McGregor also told ESPN earlier in the month that he was “messing around” before the Mayweather fight and demanded a rematch. Neither Mayweather nor his management has confirmed whether his comeback will be in boxing or MMA. However, “Money” posted a mock-up poster of a Mayweather vs McGregor rematch on Instagram last month. Welcome to the team Emmanuel. https://t.co/VnFsahczo5 — Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) February 11, 2020 UFC’s White is spearheading the UFC’s soon-to-be-launched Zuffa Boxing and said he had a “verbal agreement” with Mayweather over an unspecified comeback. Mayweather has also been rumoured for a rematch with Manny Pacquiao – deemed “the fight of the century” in 2015.