UFC: Gilbert Burns appears to take swipe at Jorge Masvidal as Dana White hints at title shot
- ‘Don’t cry now. It’s my time. Stop playing games. You said no multiple times,’ tweets No 1 contender Burns
- ‘These other guys don’t want to fight. He’s [Burns] begging for the fight,’ says UFC president White

Gilbert Burns appeared to take a swipe at Jorge Masvidal as UFC president Dana White confirmed the Brazilian is likely to get the next title shot at welterweight champion Kamaru Usman.
“Durinho” dismantled former champ Tyron Woodley over five rounds at UFC Fight Night in Las Vegas last weekend, a display which saw him jump from No 6 to top spot in the rankings.
Masvidal had been lined up for a July fight with “The Nigerian Nightmare” but hit out at the UFC in a series of tweets, claiming he was being offered half of what he made for his last fight against Nate Diaz.
“Don’t cry now. It’s my time! Stop playing games! You said no multiple times!” Burns tweeted. “Now it’s my time! #Hungriest guy in the @ufc” he added.
White hit back at Masvidal at a UFC 250 media scrum on Friday, saying “everybody wants more money” as the issue of fighter pay escalates in the company.