Nate Diaz’ approval of Jorge Masvidal’s last-minute replacement of Gilbert Burns to fight welterweight champion Kamaru Usman at UFC 251 this Saturday has clearly ticked the Brazilian off. Number one contender Burns (19-3) – who was pulled from the Fight Island after testing positive for Covid-19 – took issue with Diaz calling Usman vs Masvidal a “real fight” having previously said that the UFC was “settling for less” with Usman vs Burns. “I think people use the words ‘clout chasing’ now. That’s what he’s doing right now – he’s a journeyman,” the 33-year-old said to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto during his home quarantine. “I can beat the s*** out of Nate Diaz any day of the week, even with the ‘rona on me. I believe I can beat Nate Diaz, outbox him, out-grapple him, slap that guy up easily. “The guy comes out with those comments. I’m a real fighter too, bro. I used to respect this guy a lot, but guess what I’m a real fighter too,” added “Durinho” Burns, a multiple-time world Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion. Burns had earned his title shot after beating former champion Tyron Woodley via unanimous decision less than two months ago having TKO’d Demian Maia in the first round in March. Meanwhile, the 35-year-old American Diaz (20-12), best known for his short-notice win over Conor McGregor in 2016 , has not fought since losing the one-off BMF title to Masvidal last November. “You fought Conor on a couple days’ notice, I fought a Russian guy [Alexey Kunchenko in 2019] who was 20-0 on a couple days’ notice ... The only fight I’ve had a real camp for was against Demian Maia. Tyron Woodley I didn’t have a camp, too, that was like three or four weeks. And I was fighting for the title on another short notice. [His comments] bothered me a bit,” Burns said.