Advertisement
Formula One (F1)
SportMotorsport

Formula 1 to light up Las Vegas night in 2023, new grand prix circuit takes in Bellagio, Caesars Palace

  • Las Vegas Grand Prix pencilled in for November next year with major landmarks part of circuit
  • F1 boss Stefano Domenicali hails ‘incredible moment’ for sport as it adds third race in US

2-MIN READ2-MIN
Red Bull’s Max Verstappen (right) celebrates winning the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix with Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc, who was second. Photo: EPA-EFE
Reuters

Formula One will light up Las Vegas on a Saturday night in November 2023 as the streets of ‘Sin City’ are taken over by the fastest cars and most famous drivers in the world, officials said on Thursday.

The Las Vegas Grand Prix’s 6.12km track will see drivers roar past landmarks such as the Bellagio Fountains and Caesars Palace.

“This is an incredible moment for Formula One that demonstrates the huge appeal and growth of our sport with a third race in the United States,” Stefano Domenicali, president and CEO of Formula One, said.

Advertisement

“Las Vegas is a destination known around the world for its excitement, hospitality, thrills, and of course, the famous Strip. There is no better place for Formula One to race than in the global entertainment capital of the world and we cannot wait to be here next year.”

The sport previously struggled to make inroads in the country, particularly after an infamous six car race at Indianapolis in 2005 caused huge reputational damage.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x