Advertisement
Ultimate Fighting Championship
SportOther Sport

UFC chief Dana White and welterweight champion Tyron Woodley clash again over potential Nate Diaz fight

White hits out at Woodley’s comments over a potential UFC 222 showdown with Nate Diaz

2-MIN READ2-MIN
Tyron Woodley has been involved in another spat with UFC president Dana White. Photo: AFP
Paul Ryding
The bad blood between UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and UFC boss Dana White spilled over again on Wednesday night when Woodley hit back at the corporation president on social media after White appeared on TV and said Woodley was “full of s***”.
The latest clash between the two, who have repeatedly traded barbs in the past, centred around claims from Woodley that a fight with Nate Diaz was being negotiated for UFC 222 in July.
Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, has spoken out over Woodley’s claims that he will fight Nate Diaz. Photo: AP
Dana White, president of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, has spoken out over Woodley’s claims that he will fight Nate Diaz. Photo: AP

“I think it’s way more likely than people realise,” Woodley told ESPN earlier this week. “There are conversations about Nate and I fighting in July. The UFC has offered Nate that fight. They just have to make it worth his while.

Advertisement

“I think I’ll fight Nate this year, and I think it will be my return to the Octagon. If I had to bet the house on it, that’s my next opponent.”

Woodley appeared on TMZ Sports on Tuesday night and publicly challenged Diaz as he laid out his plans for the future.

However, White ridiculed those claims in an appearance on UFC Tonight on Wednesday saying there were no such plans in place.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x