Russian tennis star Andrey Rublev became the latest player to have played in an Abu Dhabi exhibition tournament earlier this month to test positive for Covid-19 just weeks away from the Australian Open. The 24-year-old world No 5 tweeted he was self-isolating, putting in doubt his place the ATP Cup in Australia, which starts on Saturday. The Australian Open, where Rublev reached the quarter-finals this year, runs from January 17 to 30 in Melbourne. “I am currently in Barcelona and unfortunately I have tested positive for Covid-19,” Rublev said via Twitter. “I have minimal symptoms. I am isolating and respecting all the protocols under the supervision of the doctors.” Rublev is the third male player to have played in Abu Dhabi to test positive for Covid-19. Canada’s Wimbledon semi-finalist Denis Shapovalov tested positive on arrival in Australia and former world number one Rafael Nadal did as well on returning to Spain . Nadal’s coach Carlos Moya also tested positive. Rublev said he was fully vaccinated and was preparing for the ATP Cup and the Australian Open. “Now I have to recover and I will go to Melbourne only when I am certain it is safe for everyone,” he said. “I am very upset and concerned about what is happening. Please, take care of yourself and of the people around you. I will return to the court as soon as possible.” Three female players who were in Abu Dhabi tested positive – Olympic gold medallist Belinda Bencic, US Open champion Emma Raducanu and Wimbledon quarter-finalist Ons Jabeur.