May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day: Quotes from the franchise to live by
- Celebrate the universe created by George Lucas with these words of wisdom from Yoda, Han Solo and Princess Leia
- Even Darth Vader can teach us a thing or two about believing in ourselves
Happy Star Wars Day! Popularised by fans of the sci-fi franchise, the day originates from the pun “May the 4th be with you,” a variant of the popular Star Wars catchphrase “May the force be with you”.
As today is a day to celebrate everything from the universe created in 1977 by filmmaker George Lucas, let’s take a look at a few quotes from the films and absorb some wisdom from Yoda, Han Solo and more.
5 of the cutest Star Wars characters, from Baby Yoda to porgs
1. “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
This is arguably one of the most popular lines from the films, straight from the Jedi master himself. You can use it when someone needs a little tough love.
2. “Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn
The words of another Jedi master remind you to take control of your fate.
3. “In my experience, there is no such thing as luck.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
One of the most powerful Jedis reminds you that hard work pays off, but sitting around waiting for chance does not.
4. “Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
Another saying from Obi-Wan that tells you to go with your gut feeling.
5. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.” – Darth Vader
Even though he is the lead villain in the franchise, he still taught us not to doubt ourselves.
6. “The greatest teacher, failure is.” – Yoda
It’s a simple lesson – we learn from our mistakes.
Live out your ‘Star Wars’ fantasy at Disney’s new immersive hotel in Florida
7. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” – Yoda
Yoda showed us the power of fear, how it affects us and how it can impact the people around us.
8. “Never tell me the odds!” – Han Solo
Use this whenever someone tells you that something cannot be done.
9. “Someone has to save our skins.” – Princess Leia
The heroine took the reins of her own rescue and reminded us that sometimes, you need to take control of your own life.
10. “May the force be with you.” – General Jan Dodonna
Last but not least, you can use this famous quote to wish someone good luck.