- All Hong Kong secondary students are eligible to submit to our new quarterly writing column; winners will be published in Monday editions of Young Post
- This month, we want you to write a poem about home. If poetry isn’t your thing, hang in there; we will be exploring other forms of writing in the future!
Calling all writers and creative souls! Do you have a burning desire to express your deepest thoughts and feelings?
Look no further because we have just the spark you’ve been seeking! Introducing Creative Sparks, our new quarterly writing column here to light a fire in your creative pursuits. We want to read your most daring, heartfelt, and thought-provoking musings.
For our first month, we will delve into the theme of “home” in the form of poetry. Home can mean so many things to different people, from the physical space we live in to the people we share it with and the memories and emotions it evokes. Whether you have lived in the same place your whole life or moved around frequently, we want to hear your stories about what home means to you.
Your words have the potential to touch hearts and inspire minds. Send us your original work for a chance to get published in print, and through poetry, share your unique perspective with the world.
But if poetry isn’t your thing, don’t worry – we’ll explore other creative writing formats in the future. So, grab your pen and light that fire of inspiration – we’re excited to see what you come up with! Join us on this journey of self-expression through creative writing and explore the theme of “home” together this October.
– Deadline is October 8 at 23:59pm
– Open to all Hong Kong secondary school students
– Shortlisted submissions will be featured in our Monday editions
Add your submission through the form below: