Ready! Steady! Write!
The time has come for us to open our Summer Short Story Competition 2020. The top 10 stories will be published in our summer editions and made into a book along with the stories from our Winter short story competition for the greatest proof of your writing prowess ever.
The theme of this year’s competitions is:
You can interpret this however you like. Be creative!
What you need to do:
- Write a story that is about 2,500 words long (It will be edited before publication.)
- The story must all your own work
- On the first page, write your full name, age, school and phone number and address
- Attach a high res jpg photo of yourself (at least 1MB or more)
- Send it to [email protected] with "Elf" in the subject line
The closing date for entries is 11.59pm on July 1, but you are welcome to submit earlier.
Term & Conditions
- The contest is only open to anyone aged between 11 and 19.
- The staff of South China Morning Post and their families may not enter the competition.
- There are no limits to the number of entries one writer can send.
- Contestants retain copyright of their submitted entries. However, by entering this competition, contestants grant South China Morning Post Publishers’ Limited the rights to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media platforms, including in print and online
- The judges’ decision is final.