Watch the video and answer questions 1-10
1. Purpose of video: ___________________________________________
2. Which country is NOT mentioned in this video?
C. United States
3. According to the video, what criticism did China face when handling the coronavirus?______________________________________________________________________________________
4. Steps the South Korean government took to contain the outbreak:
5. Listen to the beginning of the video (1:49-3:27). What is Sir Patrick’s suggestion, and why is it unrealistic? (2 marks)
6. Places where governments have implemented social distancing rules (circle the correct answers):
Taiwan / United Kingdom / Tehran
7. According to the video, how can the US federal government step up efforts to combat Covid-19?
A. allow more people to be tested for the coronavirus
B. provide enough medical supplies
C. put an efficient way of contact tracing in place
D. all of the above
8. Each line of the text below may have a mistake. Correct the mistake as shown in the example below. If the line is correct, put a tick next to it. (3 marks)
Example: Outside mainland China,
Taiwan Italy is one of the regions worst hit by the coronavirus.
(i) The country’s authorities failed to act when the virus started spreading.
(ii) Initial responses to stop people from entering and leaving affected areas were effective.
(iii) The entire country subsequently went into lockdown, and social mingling rules were enforced.
(iv) Factories that produce basic goods were also shut down to curb the spread of the virus.
9. For each definition given below, find a word that matches its meaning at the end of the video. (3 marks)
(i) ways of dealing with something __________________
(ii) acting quickly __________________
(iii) a time of great difficulty __________________
10. Which of the following BEST describes the narrator's tone at the very end of this video?