NEGOTIATIONS are believed to be under way to free three kidnap victims - including a former Hong Kong couple - thought to be held by Khmer Rouge guerillas in Cambodia. Australian Kelly Wilkinson, 24, and British-born boyfriend Dominic Chappell, 25 - who used to live on Lamma Island - along with Briton Tina Dominy, 24, have all been seen alive and well since being abducted a fortnight ago. They were taken at gunpoint while travelling in a car from Phnom Penh to the seaside town of Sihanoukville, where the couple run a restaurant. It is thought they came across rebels - believed to be members of the Khmer Rouge - who were in the process of stealing a truck on April 11. Although no ransom demand has been received, a logging company paid for the return of the truck - the first signs that negotiations could be under way with the kidnappers. According to Dominic's father, David Chappell, who lives on Lamma Island, both he and Miss Wilkinson's family have been encouraged by the reported sightings, the most recent of which was last Tuesday. However, the families remain cautious about the difficult process of bargaining with the rebels, and are critical of the handling of the case. ''There seems to have been a genuine lack of co-ordination until last week,'' Mr Chappell said. ''The Australian and British embassies, and the Cambodian Government all seem to have been operating independently. But things seem to be moving forward now.'' Lyndall McLean, spokeswoman for the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Canberra, said two Australian federal police officers had been sent to help in the negotiations. Both had worked there before and spoke Khmer. They have been liaising with local officials for a week, but Ms McLean emphasised that the Cambodian authorities were in charge of the investigation. Khmer Rouge sources have denied the group was responsible for the abduction, prompting many to question the official Cambodian Government account. Mr Chappell, who plans to fly to Cambodia this week, has been critical of the information released to relatives and says accounts by Australian and British officials are at odds. Ms McLean said the most recent confirmed sighting of the three victims was on April 19. ''We're told that they are well, with no sign of mistreatment. They are being moved around, in different places in the same area.'' However, she said there had been no contact with the kidnappers, nor any ransom demand. A spokesman with the British Foreign Office in London said there had been reports of sightings, but none had been confirmed.