You may think chocolate is a treat for your dog, but it will make your pet ill and could trigger a heart attack. Photo: Alamy

Why chocolate should not be a Christmas treat for your dog – it is poison to them

New research shows small doses can cause vomiting or diarrhoea but if your pet chomps down big chunks it can suffer from muscle tremors, seizures, internal bleeding or even a heart attack

Topic |   Health and wellness

TOP PICKS

You may think chocolate is a treat for your dog, but it will make your pet ill and could trigger a heart attack. Photo: Alamy
READ FULL ARTICLE