Dries Van Noten is known for creating over-the-top looks, and his wild play of colours and prints. This season the Belgian designer has designed a refreshing collection of real clothes. Here are 5 things to know about his latest ready-to-wear show.
1. Art Brut, also known as Outsider Art, was the inspiration for this collection. The new collection features arty and colourful prints and patterns.
2. The Belgian designer never ceases to impress with his hand-drawn custom prints. He insists on drawing every single detail by hand before having them translated onto fabric.
3. Colourful lashes are a big thing. The models were sporting colourful eyelashes, from crimson, to neon yellow, to frosty icy blue. Now we know how to introduce colours to our monochromatic winter outfits.
4. This collection is a continuation of his long-running masculine-feminine dialogue. The silhouettes are strong, softened by trimmings in fur and feathers – exemplified by the appearances of oversized furry bags, and inclusion of flowing feathered trimmings.
5. The show was set in the majestic mirrored hall at Hôtel de Ville. While the venue was glamorous, the collection was one of ease and comfort. These looks are some examples.