K-pop star Seungri, who resigned from the boy band Big Bang and quit show business after becoming embroiled in the sex and drugs scandal rocking South Korea, blames a whistle-blower and a journalist for all the criminal allegations made against him. Seungri, 28, whose real name is Lee Seung-hyun, has been questioned by police after allegedly lobbying potential investors by offering them the services of prostitutes at nightclubs in Seoul. K-pop sex scandal won’t ‘overshadow BLACKPINK’s new music’ It has been claimed that he helped to run Burning Sun nightclub, where staff are alleged to have filmed women with hidden cameras and used alcohol and drugs to sexually assault them. The scandal also includes allegations that Seungri and singer-songwriter Jung Joon-young – who has also since quit show business – were part of the same KakaoTalk chat room group, where Jung allegedly shared videos of 10 women he had secretly filmed while having sex with them in 2015. Others in the chat room also reportedly shared illicit content and conversations about Seungri’s business dealings. K-pop band BTS’s ‘Idol’ passes 400 million YouTube views However, in a text message to a director of SBS’s investigative television programme, Unanswered Questions, Seungri claimed the whistle-blower and the journalist who played vital roles in bringing the issue to public attention did not check their facts properly. He also alleged they had ruined his career for their own personal gain. “They illegally leaked my personal information from my mobile phone and framed the act as a tip-off done for the sake of justice,” Seungri alleged in the message he sent on Saturday. “The obscure lawyer had an interview with media … And the journalist reported the story without checking the facts properly, for her own benefit. “Because I belonged to an agency, I could not refute those allegations effectively. I think they knew my situation and took advantage of it.” In an interview with local daily newspaper, Chosun IIbo , Seungri denied the allegations of sexual and financial wrongdoings, and urged people to wait until the results of the police investigation had been made public. However, he told the newspaper that people would not believe him even if the results of the inquiry cleared him of the claims, which include directing staff at the Burning Sun nightclub – which he reportedly helped to run – to provide sexual services to his investors and embezzling money from business accounts. K-pop boy band BTS’ agency to launch idol group Seungri also denied his previous statement that he was in charge of Burning Sun. He said that the nightclub’s CEO Lee Moon-ho was the real operator of the club, and that he had only invested 10 million won (US$8,800) in the business and had let Lee use his stage name of Seungri for marketing purposes. He also said that he was not aware of any illegal activities allegedly committed there, including the alleged spiking of women’s drinks and the filming of non-consensual sex videos. When asked about Jung Joon-young, a singer who was arrested by police for allegedly filming and distributing sex videos of women, Seungri claimed that he had told Jung to stop sharing such videos in the KakaoTalk chat rooms. Jung was detained last Thursday hours after appearing at a hearing in Seoul where he had apologised for committing “unforgivable crimes”, the Yonhap news agency reported. Fans want K-pop Big Bang star Seungri kicked out over sex allegations Seungri said if there was one thing that he had personally done wrong, then it was the fact that he had been “acting too childishly”. He now regretted saying things that he shouldn’t have said and urged his fans not to judge him until after the results of the inquiry were released. Want more stories like this? Sign up here . Follow STYLE on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter This article was originally written by Lee Min-young for The Korea Times .