In a rare move, some of China’s most influential tycoons, including Alibaba’s Jack Ma Yun and the country’s richest man, Wang Jianlin, sent a joint letter to French President Francois Hollande, offering their condolences over the Paris terrorist attacks. “We would like to express our deepest condolences for the losses suffered in Paris on November 13. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the people of France, and all of the families and friends of the victims of the Paris attacks,” the letter reads. The letter, signed by eight leading businessmen on behalf of the China Entrepreneur Club – a group of billionaire executives and industrialists – was published on the club’s WeChat account yesterday morning. The businessmen met Hollande in Beijing earlier this month, taking a group photo with the French president that social media soon dubbed “the one-trillion-yuan selfie”. “We strongly condemn these actions of terrorism, and believe the perpetrators of the Paris attacks must be brought to justice. It is our unwavering belief that right will triumph over wrong, and under your steady leadership, the people of France will overcome this darkest hour,” they said. As China’s leading privately owned companies expand offshore and take a bigger stake in the global market, some of them and their top executives are taking on social responsibilities that go beyond national boundaries. Read more: Full coverage of Paris terror attacks Ma has become China’s top philanthropist and Alibaba has donated 2 million yuan (HK$2.43 million) to help Haiti and Nepal recover from earthquakes. But the businessmen have also been criticised online for not offering their condolences over terrorist attacks in China, such as the knife attack at a Kunming train station that killed 31 people and injured 141 in March 2014. So far, no Chinese national has died in the Paris attacks. A female Chinese student studying in France was reportedly shot in her abdomen in the Bataclan concert hall. She was out of danger after being treated at hospital. The Chinese embassy in Paris said the French authorities confirmed that a Chinese national suffered minor injuries in the attacks. The person was treated and recovering well, the embassy said, without offering further details.