A bus was destroyed in a fire in southwestern China after a burning gas canister was thrown into the street. A chef in Chongqing was using an improvised blowtorch while cooking pigs’ trotters and a gas canister caught fire, the China News Service reported, citing the police. He grabbed it and hurled into the street to stop the restaurant catching fire, but it rolled down a slope and into the bus waiting at a nearby stop. READ MORE: Motorist hailed as hero for pulling family from car in China before it turned into fireball Eight passengers got out safely after the bus caught fire, the report said. Nobody was injured.