-
Advertisement
Asylum seekers in Asia
Hong KongLaw and Crime

Jordan MTR knife attack in Hong Kong: Two asylum seekers charged with wounding

Reading Time:1 minute
Why you can trust SCMP
Police at the scene of the attack inside Jordan MTR station. Photo: SCMP Pictures
Danny Mok

Two men have been charged over a high-profile knife attack in Jordan MTR station during the evening rush hour late last month.

Police said the pair from South Asia, both asylum seekers aged 23 and 32, were arrested in Mong Kok on Tuesday.

Both were charged yesterday with one count of wounding with intent and will appear in Kowloon City court today.

Advertisement

The September 21 attack at Jordan MTR station left three men, all asylum seekers from India, in hospital with non-life-threatening injuries

The trio, aged 23 to 31, were attacked by about nine others, also apparently from South Asia, on the Tsuen Wan line platform shortly after 6.30pm, leaving pools of blood at the scene.

Advertisement

A witness said he had seen them fighting before the train doors opened, with some wielding knives.

Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x