-
Advertisement
Hong KongLaw and Crime

Hong Kong ‘wardrobe corpse’ murder suspect handed over by mainland authorities

Guangdong crime fighter says Mok Chun-yin let his guard down after fleeing to Shenzhen and was tracked down in a day over death of his former girlfriend

Reading Time:2 minutes
Why you can trust SCMP
Shenzhen police hand over the murder suspect to Hong Kong officers. Photo: Nora Tam
Danny LeeandNectar Gan

The prime suspect at the centre of the 2013 killing of his flight attendant ex-girlfriend in Hong Kong lowered his guard after fleeing to Shenzhen and was tracked down within a day, according to a top Guangdong crime fighter.

Murder suspect Mok Chun-yin, 29, was handed over by mainland officers to their Hong Kong counterparts on Wednesday afternoon after spending three years on the run. He was arrested in Shenzhen in late October.
Mok Chun-yin was 25 at the time of the murder. Photo: Hong Kong Police Force
Mok Chun-yin was 25 at the time of the murder. Photo: Hong Kong Police Force
Advertisement

Hong Kong police confirmed in a statement that Mok was handed over at the Huanggang-Lok Ma Chau border crossing point.

“The surrender ceremony today demonstrates the spirit of cooperation in law enforcement [by the forces] of the two places. It also sends a solemn and unequivocal message to the public that police from the two places are determined to combat crime and protect lives and property,” assistant police commissioner Chung Siu-yeung said at the handover ceremony.

Advertisement

The Hong Kong police asked for help from the mainland Public Security Bureau and its Guangdong provincial bureau in October last year.

Advertisement
Select Voice
Select Speed
1.00x