The CDC said alcohol-based hand sanitiser products should never be ingested. Photo: ShutterstockThe CDC said alcohol-based hand sanitiser products should never be ingested. Photo: Shutterstock
The CDC said alcohol-based hand sanitiser products should never be ingested. Photo: Shutterstock

Coronavirus: four dead, three blind after ingesting hand sanitiser in US

  • According to a new CDC report, 15 people were hospitalised for methanol poisoning from May 1 to June 30 in Arizona and New Mexico
  • Four patients died and six developed seizures during their time in hospital

Topic |   Coronavirus pandemic
The CDC said alcohol-based hand sanitiser products should never be ingested. Photo: ShutterstockThe CDC said alcohol-based hand sanitiser products should never be ingested. Photo: Shutterstock
The CDC said alcohol-based hand sanitiser products should never be ingested. Photo: Shutterstock
READ FULL ARTICLE
Close
We need your support

Advertising helps us continue to provide quality content. Help support us by disabling your adblocker on our site.

How to whitelist us:
  1. 1
    Click on the AdBlock icon at the top right corner of your browser.
    For iOS, go to Settings/Safari/Content Blockers and turn it off.

    For Android, go to your Ad blocker app/Settings and turn it off.
  2. 2
    Click Enabled on this site until the text reads Disabled on this site.
  3. 2
    Click the cross icon on the top right corner to close this window and refresh the page.
  4. 3
    Click the cross icon on the top right corner to close this window and refresh the page.