- IB students in Grades 7 to 10 can sign up for the series of webinars
- Registration for the first programme, 'Creation of Your Story & Establishing your Style', ends June 18
In collaboration with My ArchiSchool, Young Post is launching the Young Archi"Tech” Programme for IB students from Grade 7 to Grade 10 to explore contemporary processes of architectural design. The programme will use a project-based approach, and the courses are designed to accommodate students regardless of their skill level, from those with a solid architectural foundation to those with no prior knowledge or education on the subject.
The programme is structured in 4 levels:
- Level 1: Creation of Your Story & Establishing your Style (June 2020 - August 2020) OPEN NOW
- Level 2: Establishing the mood by Music & by Light (soon to be announced)
- Level 3: The Motion & the Animation (soon to be announced)
- Level 4: The Cultural Contexts (soon to be announced)
What will they learn?
Students will learn how to present their design ideas, analyse, make projections, conclusions and visions using a physical model and a digital model such as video storytelling, and how to put their work into a written report or article form.
The course will cover:
- Basic architectural knowledge and concepts
- Basic filmmaking and video editing skills
- How professional architect design, communicate and document in digital space
- How to write effectively and analytically
- How to develop an outstanding portfolio
Honorary advisors for the courses include:
Prof. Ho Puay-ping, Head, Department of Architecture, National University of Singapore
Mr Alan Mak Siu-Fai, Award-winning Movie Director, Producer and Script-writer
The Archi"Tech" programme allows IB students to explore the concepts of architectural design.
Level 1 Creation of Your Story & Establishing your Style
Date: Saturdays, from 20 June 2020 to 8 August 2020
Time: 5:30 - 7:00pm
Duration: 1.5 hours per class x 8 classes
Course Fee: HK$6,400
Learning Format: Online Webinar with Zoom
Materials required to make the paper model will be delivered to students by courier.
Eligibility: Grade 7 to Grade 10 (enrolled IB* students)
Students will be assessed and split into groups for coursework based on their architectural knowledge.
Teaching ratio: 1 to 7
The course will be taught by registered architects and professional journalists.
Upon completion of the programme, students’ work will be published on Young Post digitally and they will receive a certificate of completion.
Click here to register.
Registration Deadline: 18 June 2020
For inquiry, please send us an email to [email protected]